Hello Flinkers!

Around here and there one may find some post for sliding windows in Flink. I
have read that default sliding windows of Flink, the system maintains each
window separately in memory, which in my case is prohibitive.

Therefore, I want to implement my own sliding windows through
ProcessFunction() via onTimer() function. Specifically, let's assume that
the data does not contain any timestamps. So, if anyone can help providing
concrete answers or even *code skeletons* on the following bullets, it is
more than welcome :

1 -- How do I assign timestamps into my data tuples? What type of
time...process, event or ingestion?

2 -- How to simulate count-based windows? In this case, what would be the
best artificial timestamps to append? Just increasing integers?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Max