Hi,

I just realized that the documentation completely lacks a section about
implementing custom source connectors :-(

The JavaDocs of the relevant interface classes [1] [2] [3] [4] are quite
extensive though.
I'd also recommend to have a look at the implementations of other source
connectors like Kafka or Kinesis [5].

Best, Fabian

[1]
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/flink-streaming-java/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/streaming/api/functions/source/SourceFunction.java