Hi,

My application assigned timestamp to kafka event with
BoundedOutOfOrdernessTimestampExtractor then converted them to a table. Finally
flink SQL over-window aggregation is run against the table.

When I double the parallelism of my flink application, the end2end latency is
doubled.  What could be the cause? It seems to me that it's because of slower
advance of watermark in operator of operators generated by sql.

In this email thread [1], it's said that flink sql remove the internal
DataStream timestamp and move it into the record. Does the query ignore the
internal DataStream watermarks and re-generate them from the record? Let say
there are two operator instances for one task, do they have same watermark?

There is a similar issue that i can find in the email thread [2] .

Best

Yan

[1]:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c5182628272f018037ce832290f9b19976fe5c268aa72760635cf3cc@%3Cuser.flink.apache.org%3E