The cassandra-driver-core dependency is not relocated (i.e. renamed) in the cassandra connector. If it were you wouldn't have conflicts ;)

The cassandra-connector artifact is a fat-jar, and thus always contains this dependency. There is no way get rid of it with maven exclusions (outside the IDE).

Please see the last comment in FLINK-4091 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-4091> for some workarounds.

You could also try building the connector from source; you would have to set the datastax dependencies to whatever version you are using and disable the guava relocation.