Hi, I'm trying to set up Checkpoints for Flink Jobs with S3 as a filesystem
backend. I configured the following:

state.backend=filesystem
state.backend.fs.checkpointdir=s3:///mybucket/
state.checkpoints.dir=s3:///mybucket/
state.checkpoints.num-retained=3

I also copied the flink-s3-fs-hadoop-1.5.0.jar into the lib folder.

I get now though the following error message:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null uri host.
    at java.util.Objects.requireNonNull(Objects.java:228)
    at
org.apache.flink.fs.s3hadoop.shaded.org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.S3xLoginHelper.buildFSURI(S3xLoginHelper.java:65)
    at
org.apache.flink.fs.s3hadoop.shaded.org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AFileSystem.initialize(S3AFileSystem.java:165)
    at
org.apache.flink.fs.s3hadoop.S3FileSystemFactory.create(S3FileSystemFactory.java:133)

I tried to dig deeper into the source code, but struggled to find

   - what is meant with this URI
   - where to configure it

Can anybody give some advice how to set up the S3 Backend with the new
shaded lib jar?

Thanks in advance
--

*Fabian WollertZalando SE*

E-Mail: fabian.woll...@zalando.de

Tamara-Danz-Straße 1
10243 Berlin
Fax: +49 (0)30 2759 46 93
E-mail: legalnot...@zalando.co.uk
Notifications of major holdings (Sec. 33, 38, 39 WpHG):  +49 (0)30
2000889349

Management Board:
Robert Gentz, David Schneider, Rubin Ritter

Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Lothar Lanz

Person responsible for providing the contents of Zalando SE acc. to Art. 55
RStV [Interstate Broadcasting Agreement]: Rubin Ritter
Registered at the Local Court Charlottenburg Berlin, HRB 158855 B
VAT registration number: DE 260543043