Hi,

The release notes state that "multiple slots are not *fully* supported".

In Flink 1.5.0, the configured number of slots is ignored when requesting
containers for TaskManagers from a resource manager, i.e., Flink assumes
TMs with 1 slot.
Hence, Flink request too many containers and starts too many TMs, but each
TM is started with the correct number of slots.
All unused containers are returned after a configurable time out.

The problem can be prevented by configuring 1 slot per TM.

Best, Fabian