Hi,

You can increase a timeout, that’s one way to tackle it.

In Flink 1.6.0 there will be possibility to override default Flink’s behaviour
regarding handling timeouts:
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-7789> to handle them, instead of
out right failing.

Also if you can not wait for the new release, you always could copy
AsyncWaitOperator with AsyncFunction into your code base and apply the changes
from the above mentioned ticket
(https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/6091/files
<https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/6091/files>)

Piotrek