Hi,

The docs explain that the ExternalCatalog interface *can* be used to
implement a catalog for HCatalog or Metastore.
However, there is no such implementation in Flink yet. You would need to
implement such as catalog connector yourself.

I think there would be quite a few people interested in such a connector.

Best, Fabian