The Flink documentation says that we need to specify the filesystem type
(file://, hdfs://) when configuring the rocksdb backend dir.

https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.5/ops/state/state_backends.html#the-rocksdbstatebackend

But when I do this, I get an error on job submission saying that relative
paths are not permitted in the rocksdb stand backend.
I am submitting the job via flink cli (bin/flink run).

Also, even though I give a local file system path "file:///home/abc/share",
it is a shared GlusterFS volume mount, so it will be accessible by the
JobManager and all TaskManagers.

I removed the filesystem type from the rocksdb backend dir configuration,
and though the job got submitted, the rocksdb checkpoint directory was not
created.
I have enabled checkpointing in my Flink application.

I am using Flink 1.5.0.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.