Hi Xilang,

I thought about this again.
The bucketing sink would need to roll on event-time intervals (similar to
the current processing time rolling) which are triggered by watermarks in
order to support consistency.
However, it would also need to maintain a write ahead log of all received
rows and could only write those that are smaller than the received
watermark. This would make the whole sink more complex.

I'm not sure that rolling on checkpoint barriers is a good solution either.
IMO, the checkpointing interval and file rolling interval should not depend
on each other because it mixes different requirements and introduces
challenging trade-offs.

Best, Fabian