Hi francois,

If I understand correctly, you can use sql or table-api to solve you
problem.
As you want to project part of columns from source, a columnar storage like
parquet/orc would be efficient. Currently, ORC table source is supported in
flink, you can find more details here[1]. Also, there are many other table
sources[2] you can choose. With a TableSource, you can read the data and
register it as a Table and do table operations through sql[3] or
table-api[4].

To make a json string from several columns, you can write a user defined
function[5].

I also find a OrcTableSourceITCase[6] which I think may be helpful for you.

Best, Hequn

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/table/sourceSinks.html#orctablesource
[2]