Hi all,

I have ran into the following problem and I want to double check wether
this is intended behaviour.

I have a custom metrics reporter that pushes things to Kafka (so it creates
a KafkaProducer in the open method etc.etc.) for my streaming job.

Naturally as my Flink job consumes from Kafka so it has the kafka connector
dependencies I set the Kafka dependencies to provided in my metric reporter
project and I put the built kafkaReporter.jar into the Flink lib. However
it seems that the metrics reporter is instantiated without the user code
classes since I get a NoClassdefFound error for KafkaProducer even though
my streaming job starts successfully reading/writing kafka.

Any ideas why this happens and how to solve it? I am slightly against
putting the kafka dependencies twice on the classpath as it has only caused
problems in the past...

Gyula