Hi James,

1) Unfortunately, Flink does not support DataSet with DataStream joins as
of now. If the "batch" table is small enough you might try the solution
suggested by Vino to load it in the UDTF. You can also try implementing the
Stream version of this table yourself. You can use the
org.apache.flink.table.sources.CsvTableSource and
org.apache.flink.orc.OrcRowInputFormat as examples.

2) Providing better out-of-the box support for multiple source and formats
in high on the roadmap for upcoming releases. So I would guess you can
expect support for orc in stream in the nearest future.

Best,
Dawid