Hi,

I am on Flink 1.4.2 and as part of my operator logic (i.e. RichFlatMapFunction)
I am collecting the values in the Collector object.

But I am getting an error stating “Caused by:
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.ExceptionInChainedOperatorException:
Could not forward element to next operator”

On debugging it looks like the root cause of this exception is in
KyroSerializer where its try to do some copy operation. Can some one please let
me know how I can get around this issue.

Below is the stack trace of the error

Caused by:
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.ExceptionInChainedOperatorException:
Could not forward element to next operator
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.pushToOperator(OperatorChain.java:566)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.collect(OperatorChain.java:524)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.collect(OperatorChain.java:504)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.AbstractStreamOperator$CountingOutput.collect(AbstractStreamOperator.java:830)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.AbstractStreamOperator$CountingOutput.collect(AbstractStreamOperator.java:808)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.StreamFilter.processElement(StreamFilter.java:40)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.pushToOperator(OperatorChain.java:549)
        ... 11 more
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -14
        at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.util.IntArray.pop(IntArray.java:157)
        at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.reference(Kryo.java:822)
        at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.copy(Kryo.java:863)
        at
org.apache.flink.api.java.typeutils.runtime.kryo.KryoSerializer.copy(KryoSerializer.java:175)
        at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.OperatorChain$CopyingChainingOutput.pushToOperator(OperatorChain.java:547)
        ... 17 more

Regards,
Pankaj.