Hi,

In the given example, article_id 123 will always remain in the external
storage. The state is removed and hence it cannot be retracted anymore.
Once the state was removed and the count reaches 10, a second record for
article_id 123 will be emitted to the data store.

As soon as you enable state retention and state is needed that was removed,
the query result can become inconsistent.

Best, Fabian