Hi Alexander,

the issue for the reactive mode, the mode which reacts to newly available
resources and scales the up accordingly, is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10407. It does not contain a
lot of details but we are actively working on publishing the corresponding
design document soon. See also
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10404 which is related to the
reactive mode.

Cheers,