Hi Averell,

There is no general answer to your question. If you are running more TMs,
you
get better isolation between different Flink jobs because one TM is backed
by
one JVM [1]. However, every TMs brings additional overhead (heartbeating,
running more threads, etc.) [1]. It also depends on the maximum heap memory
requirements of your operators. Data skew and non-parallel operators can
cause uneven memory requirements.

For capacity planning, you can also take a look at Robert Metzger's slides
[2].

Best,
Gary

[1]