I'm very much in favor of dropping it.

Flink has been continually growing in terms of features, and IMO we've reached the point where we should cull some of the more obscure ones. flink-storm, while interesting from a theoretical standpoint, offers too little value.

Note that the bolt/spout wrapper parts of the part are still compatible, it's only topologies that aren't working.

IMO compatibility layers only add value if they ease the migration to Flink APIs. * bolt/spout wrappers do this, but they will continue to work even if we drop it
* topologies don't do this, so I'm not interested in then.