Hi,

did you try to change the classloading strategy? Maybe this problem could be fixed by configuring the ClassLoader resolution order [1].

Regards,
Timo

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.5/monitoring/debugging_classloading.html

Am 11.10.18 um 10:49 schrieb yinhua.dai:
We have some customized log4j layout implementation so we need flink job
manager/task manager be able to load the logger implementation which is
packaged in the uber jar.

However, we noticed that in flink 1.3, the user jar is put at the beginning
of job manager, when we do the same again in flink 1.5, the user jar is not
there any more.
Is this expected?

I saw this is the document:
*When submitting a Flink job/application directly to YARN (via bin/flink run
-m yarn-cluster ...), dedicated TaskManagers and JobManagers are started for
that job. Those JVMs have both Flink framework classes and user code classes
in the Java classpath. That means that there is no dynamic classloading
involved in that case.*

And we are using flink on yarn with per-job mode.
So confused by what we experiencing for now.