Hi,

To avoid reshuffling in my job, I started using  DataStreamUtils.
reinterpretAsKeyedStream to avoid having to do another keyBy for the same
key.  The BackEndState is RocksDB.

When the job recovers after a failure, the ProcessFunction after the keyBy
restores its Keyed State correctly, while the Process function
after reinterpretAsKeyedStream does not recover the Keyed State.

I have checked the data written by the checkpoints and there is a reference
to the sate.

If I change and use keyBy instead of DataStreamUtils.
reinterpretAsKeyedStream  the Keyed State is recovered as expected.

Is the DataStreamUtils.reinterpretAsKeyedStream function not intended to
use Keyed State?

Thank you.

Regards,

Jose