Hi,

I am facing a similar issue today with Flink 1.6.0 - AvroOutputFormat

AvroOutputFormat<GenericRecord> tuple2AvroOutputFormat = new
AvroOutputFormat<>(
                new Path("<path>"), GenericRecord.class);

testDataSet
                .map(new GenerateGenericRecord())
                .returns(AvroTypeInfo.of(GenericRecord.class))
                .output(tuple2AvroOutputFormat);

Following is the exception (I have enabled forceAvro config , not sure why
it still goes to Kyro Serializer)

com.esotericsoftware.kryo.KryoException: Error constructing instance of
class: org.apache.avro.Schema$LockableArrayList
Serialization trace:
types (org.apache.avro.Schema$UnionSchema)
schema (org.apache.avro.Schema$Field)
fieldMap (org.apache.avro.Schema$RecordSchema)
schema (org.apache.avro.generic.GenericData$Record)
        at
com.twitter.chill.Instantiators$$anon$1.newInstance(KryoBase.scala:126)
        at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.newInstance(Kryo.java:1061)
        at
com.esotericsoftware.kryo.serializers.CollectionSerializer.create(CollectionSerializer.java:89)
        at
com.esotericsoftware.kryo.serializers.CollectionSerializer.read(CollectionSerializer.java:93)
        at
com.esotericsoftware.kryo.serializers.CollectionSerializer.read(CollectionSerializer.java:22)
        at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.readObject(Kryo.java:679)

Please let me know if there is a fix for this issue as I have not faced this
problem for DataStreams.

Regards,
Vinay Patil