Hi,

Flink does not support auto-scaling, yet. Rescaling operations currently
are always manual, i.e take a savepoint of the Flink job, and when
restoring from the savepoint, define a new parallelism for the job.
As for the metrics to be used for auto-scaling, I can imagine that it would
be possible to base this on top of metrics such as TM throughput,
backpressure, etc. AFAIK, there also currently isn't any official design or
discussion on going for this.

Cheers,
Gordon