Hey squirrels,

I've started to study more in-depth Flink Serialization and its "type
system".

I have a generated case class using scalapb that has more than 30 fields;
I've seen that Flink still uses the CaseClassSerializer, the
TypeInformation is CaseClassTypeInfo, even if in the docs[1] is written
differently (22 fields limit). I'd have expected a GenericTypeInfo, but all
is well because the CaseClassSerializer is faster than Kryo. Did I
misunderstand the documentation or don't the limitation apply anymore?

Another thing, I've read "Juggling with Bits and Bytes"[2] blog post an I
would like to replicate the experiment with some tailored changes to deep
dive even better in the topic. Is the source code in Github or somewhere
else?

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.5/dev/types_serialization.html#flinks-typeinformation-class
[2]