Sender:Jayant ametawittyam...@gmail.com
Recipient:bupt_ljybupt_...@163.com
Cc:useru...@flink.apache.org
Date:Wednesday, Nov 28, 2018 15:46
Subject:Re: Flink operator UUID and serialVersionUID

Thanks for clarifying Jiayi.
If there is a change in "MyObject" class, would it help to have a
serialVersionUID defined?

Thanks,

Jayant

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 12:52 PM bupt_ljy bupt_...@163.com wrote:

Hi, Jayant
 1. The uuid is an unique identifier for a specific operator, which means that
Flink uses the uuid to recognize the operator when restoring.
 2. The operator has already implemented the Serializable interface so you
don’t need to do it explicitly.
 3. The type information of “MyObject” should be defined in the
MapStateDescriptor, so no need to worry about it.

Best,
Jiayi Liao