Thanks for the logs.

Is the job restore actually failing? If yes, there should be an exception
for the exact cause of the failure.

Otherwise, the AvroSerializer warnings in the taskmanager logs is actually
expected behaviour when restoring from savepoint versions before 1.7.x, and
shouldn't cause job failures (unless something unexpected is happening).
Shortly put, to describe the cause of that warning:
Previously in 1.6.x, the AvroSerializer was Java-serialized into savepoints.
In 1.7.x, when restoring from previous version savepoints, that serializer
will still be attempted to be read using Java serialization (which explains
the InvalidClassException in the WARN log).
However, starting from 1.7 we no longer rely on serializers being written
directly into savepoints, so whether or not reading that serializer was
successful should not matter and the restore should proceed normally.

Please do let me know if the job is actually failing, then we should
investigate further. If it is failing, there should be an exception in the
JM logs identifying the cause of job failure.
CC'ing Igal, as he worked on the AvroSerializer for 1.7.x and might have
more info.

Cheers,
Gordon