If I write my aggregation logic as a WindowFunction then I get access to the
key as the first parameter in WindowFunction.apply(...) however the Javadocs
for calling WindowedStream.apply(WindowFunction) state:

> Note that this function requires that all data in the windows is buffered
> until the window
> is evaluated, as the function provides no means of incremental aggregation.

Which sounds bad.

It seems the recommended alternative is to use one of the
WindowFunction.aggregate(AggregateFunction) however I cannot see how to get
access to the key...

Is my only solution to transform my data into a Tuple if I need access to the
key post aggregation?

Thanks in advance

-stephenc