Hi Avi,

As described in the documentation: "If offsets could not be found for a
partition, the auto.offset.reset setting in the properties will be used.". For
starting from GroupOffset, the property "auto.offset.reset" will ONLY be
respected when the group offset cannot be found for a partition. Otherwise, it
will use the offset found.

Regards,
Dian