Hi Boris,

the exact command depends on the docker-entrypoint.sh script and the image
you are using. For the example contained in the Flink repository it is
"task-manager", I think. The important thing is to pass "taskmanager.host"
to the Taskmanager process. You can verify by checking the Taskmanager
logs. These should contain lines like below:

2019-02-21 08:03:00,004 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.taskexecutor.TaskManagerRunner      [] -  Program
Arguments:
2019-02-21 08:03:00,008 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.taskexecutor.TaskManagerRunner      [] -
-Dtaskmanager.host=10.12.10.173

In the Jobmanager logs you should see that the Taskmanager is registered
under the IP above in a line similar to:

2019-02-21 08:03:26,874 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.resourcemanager.StandaloneResourceManager [] -
Registering TaskManager with ResourceID a0513ba2c472d2d1efc07626da9c1bda
(akka.tcp://flink@10.12.10.173:46531/user/taskmanager_0) at ResourceManager

A service per Taskmanager is not required. The purpose of the config
parameter is that the Jobmanager addresses the taskmanagers by IP instead
of hostname.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Konstantin