Hi Andrew,

I am assuming you are actually using customized windowAssigner, trigger and
process function.
I think the best way for you to keep in-flight, not-yet-triggered windows
is to emit metrics in these 3 pieces.

Upon looking at the window operator, I don't think there's a a metrics
(guage) that keeps how many windows are not yet fired.
This information is available in the KeyedStateBackend, but I dont think
the KeyedStateBackend is emitting any metrics related to what you want.

Thanks,
Rong