Hi,

The answer is in fact no.
Flink hash-partitions keys into Key Groups [1] which are uniformly assigned
to tasks, i.e., a task can process more than one key group.
AFAIK, there are no plans to change this behavior.
Stefan (in CC) might be able to give more details on this.

Something that might be possible in the future is to be more clever about
the key group - task assignment, e.g., taking state size or number of
records into account.

Best,
Fabian

[1]