Hi,

I couldn’t find any references to your question neither I haven’t seen such use
case, but:

Re 1.
It looks like it could work

Re 2.
It should work as well, but just try to use StreamingFileSink

Re 3.
For custom source/sink function, if you do not care data processing guarantees
it’s quite easy. If you have to achieve at-least-once or exactly-once things
might get more complicated.
For exactly-once sink, you should start from `TwoPhaseCommitSinkFunction`.
(Example usages check test class
`TwoPhaseCommitSinkFunctionTest.ContentDumpSinkFunction`, or more complicated
FlinkKafkaProducer)
For at-least-once sink, you can just flush/sync the output files on
snapshot/checkpoint.
For source, you would have to manually keep the input offsets on Flink’s state.

Re 4.

Regarding SFTP support: not that I’m aware of.
Regarding sources/sinks you can try to look at existing source/sinks
implementations.

Piotrek