Hey all,

Thanks for the replies. The issues we were running into (which are not
specific to Docker):
- Students changing the template wrongly failed the container.
- We give full points if the output matches our solutions (and none
otherwise), but it would be nice if we could give partial grades per
assignment (and better feedback). This would require instead of looking
only at results also at the operators used. The pitfall is that in many
cases a correct solution can be achieved in multiple ways. I came across a
Flink test library [1] which allows to test Flink code more extensively but
seems to be only in Java.

In retrospective, I do think using Docker is a good approach as Fabian
confirms. However, the way we currently assess student solutions might be
improved. I assume that in your trainings manual feedback is given, but
unfortunately this is quite difficult for so many students.

Cheers,
Wouter

1: https://github.com/ottogroup/flink-spector