From: Avi Levi <avi.l...@bluevoyant.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 19:41
To: user
Subject: estimate number of keys on rocks db

Hi,
I am trying to estimate number of keys at a given minute.
I created a graph based on
avg_over_time<https://prometheus.io/docs/prometheus/latest/querying/functions/#aggregation_over_time>
 with 1hr and 5m interval. looking at the graph you can see that it has high
spikes which doesn't make sense (IMO) how can the average have those spikes ?
after all since I do not delete keys I would expect to go up or remain the same.
any ideas what can explain such behaviour ?
attached are graphs 5m and 1 h intervals
[Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 13.37.44.png]
[Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 13.33.40.png]