Hello,
our dev-team is choosing a language for developing Flink jobs. Most likely that
we will use flink-streaming api (at least in the very beginning). Because of
Spark jobs developing experience we had before the choice for now is scala-api.
However recently I’ve found a
ticket(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-11063
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-11063>) with
discussion(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Flink+Improvement+Proposals

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Flink+Improvement+Proposals>)
 where java-api can become the first class citizen to overcome shortcomings
java/scala interoperability, and another
one(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-6756
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-6756>) about absence of api
methods in scala-api. That makes me think that java-api becomes a prior. We are
both comfortable with java and scala, but we want to implement Flink jobs and
support utilities dependent on api that progresses faster. Is java-api such a
one? Is java the main implementation language of Flink internals and api, and
scala is a (or gravitates to be) java-api wrapper?