Hello Boris,

I think you are confused by the name of the shell script "standalone-job.sh"
Which basically means that we start a "standalone job manager" as stated in
the first comment of
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/release-1.8/flink-dist/src/main/flink-bin/bin/standalone-job.sh

This is another version of : flink-dist/src/main/flink-bin/bin/jobmanager.sh

It's not related to a job

When you configure H-A on a flink cluster, and you submit a job, Flink (i.e
the jobmanager) store the state of the job in Zookeeper / HDFS
So when it crashes and comes back (with this entrypoint) it will read in ZK
/ HDFS and restore previous execution

Regards,
Bastien

Bastien DINE
Data Architect / Software Engineer / Sysadmin
bastiendine.io