Hi to all,
in my use case I have a stream of POJOs with Date fields.
When I use Table API I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.flink.table.api.ValidationException:
SQL validation failed. Type is not supported: Date
at
org.apache.flink.table.calcite.FlinkPlannerImpl.validate(FlinkPlannerImpl.scala:112)
at
org.apache.flink.table.planner.StreamPlanner.toRel(StreamPlanner.scala:148)
at
org.apache.flink.table.planner.StreamPlanner.parse(StreamPlanner.scala:114)
at
org.apache.flink.table.api.internal.TableEnvironmentImpl.sqlQuery(TableEnvironmentImpl.java:268)
Caused by: org.apache.flink.table.api.TableException: Type is not
supported: Date
at
org.apache.flink.table.calcite.FlinkTypeFactory$.org$apache$flink$table$calcite$FlinkTypeFactory$$typeInfoToSqlTypeName(FlinkTypeFactory.scala:357)

Is there a way to deal with this without converting the Date field to a
Long one?

Best,
Flavio