Thanks for your quick response. I am using custom implementation of
BoundedOutOfOrderenessTimestampExtractor and also tweaked to return initial
watermark not a negative value.

One more observation that,  when the job's parallelism is around 120, then
it works well even with idle stream and Flink UI shows watermark. But when
I increase the parallelism above 180 then with idle stream it doesn't write
any file to S3. But the moment I remove idle stream then it works fine with
any number of parallelism.

I have also observed that when the parallelism is above 180, Flink UI never
shows watermark although everything is working fine without idle stream.

Regards,
Ravi