Hi all,

We have a network of Flink applications. The whole cluster receives
'state-update' messages from the outside, and there is one Flink application in
our cluster that 'merges' these updates and creates the actual, most
up-to-date, state of the 'data-objects' and passes it to the next process. It
does this, using a stateful stream processing with a `KeyedProcessFunction`
object. In our processing logic, there are nodes that require to access the
actual state of the objects when they receive one or more 'object-id's from the
previous Flink application. We do not propagate the actual-state of the objects
since, not all types of the objects are relevant to all processes in the
cluster, so we saved some network/storage overhead there.

The question is: for such scenario, what is the best way to expose the Flink
state to another Flink application? I am aware of 'Queryable states', but I am
not sure if this feature has been designed and is suitable for our use-case or
not?

Thank you very much in advance.

BR, Moe

--

Mohammad Hosseinian
Software Developer

Phone +49-69-244502-0
Fax +49-69-244502-10
Web www.id1.de<http://www.id1.de>

Information Design One AG, Baseler Strasse 10, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Registration: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 52596
Executive Board: Robert Peters, Benjamin Walther, Supervisory Board: Christian
Hecht