Check out Hive related documentations:

-
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/table/catalog.html
-
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/table/hive_integration.html
-
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/dev/table/hive_integration_example.html

Note
- I just merged a PR restructuring Hive related docs today, changes should
reflect on the website in a day or so
- I didn't find release-1.9-snapshot's doc, so just reference
release-1.10-snapshot's doc for now. 1.9 rc2 has been released, official
1.9 should be out soon
- Hive features are in beta in 1.9

Feel free to open tickets if you have feature requests.