From: Eyal Pe'er <eyal.p...@startapp.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 2:20 PM
To: miki haiat <miko5...@gmail.com>
Cc: user@flink.apache.org
Subject: RE: timeout error while connecting to Kafka

Hi,
I removed that dependency, but it still fails.
The reason why I used Kafka 1.5.0 is because I followed a training which used
it (https://www.baeldung.com/kafka-flink-data-pipeline).
If needed, I can change it.

I’m not sure, but maybe in order to consume events from Kafka 0.9 I need to
connect zookeeper, instead of the bootstrap servers ?
I know that in Spark streaming we consume via zookeeper ("zookeeper.connect").
I saw that in Apache Flink-Kafka connector zookeeper.connect  only required for
Kafka 0.8, but maybe I still need to use it ?
Best regards
Eyal Peer / Data Platform Developer