Hi everyone,

I'm testing release 1.9 on MapR secure cluster. I took flink binaries from
download page and trying to start Yarn session cluster. All MapR specific
libraries and configs are added according to documentation.

When I start yarn-session without high availability, it uses zookeeper from
MapR distribution (org.apache.zookeeper) and correctly connects to cluster
and access to maprfs works as expected.

But if I add zookeeper as high-avalability option, instead of MapR
zookeeper it tries to use shaded zookeeper and this one could not connect
with mapr credentials:

2019-08-27 10:42:45,240 ERROR
org.apache.flink.shaded.zookeeper.org.apache.zookeeper.client.ZooKeeperSaslClient
 - An error: (java.security.PrivilegedActionException:
javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by
GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed
to find any Kerberos tgt)]) occurred when evaluating Zookeeper Quorum
Member's  received SASL token. Zookeeper Client will go to AUTH_FAILED
state.
2019-08-27 10:42:45,240 ERROR
org.apache.flink.shaded.zookeeper.org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn  -
SASL authentication with Zookeeper Quorum member failed:
javax.security.sasl.SaslException: An error:
(java.security.PrivilegedActionException:
javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by
GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed
to find any Kerberos tgt)]) occurred when evaluating Zookeeper Quorum
Member's  received SASL token. Zookeeper Client will go to AUTH_FAILED
state.
I tried to use separate zookeeper cluster for HA, but maprfs still doesn't work.

Is this related to removal of MapR specific settings in Release 1.9 ?
Should I still compile custom version of Flink with MapR dependencies ?
(trying to do now, but getting some errors during compilation).

Can I somehow force flink to use MapR zookeeper even with HA mode ?

Thanks in advance,
Maxim.