From: Congxian Qiu <qcx978132...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:52
To: theo.diefent...@scoop-software.de <theo.diefent...@scoop-software.de>
Cc: user <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Flink restoring a job from a checkpoint

Hi Vishwas

Sorry for the confusing, what Theo said previous is the meaning I want to say.
Previously, what I said is from Flink's side, if we do not restore from
checkpoint/savepoint, all the TMs will have no state, so the Job starts from
scratch.

Best,
Congxian

theo.diefent...@scoop-software.de<mailto:theo.diefent...@scoop-software.de>
<theo.diefent...@scoop-software.de<mailto:theo.diefent...@scoop-software.de>>
于2019年10月10日周四 上午1:15写道:
Hi Vishaws,

With "from scratch", Congxian means that Flink won't load any state
automatically and starts as if there was no state. Of course if the kafka
consumer group already exists and you have configured Flink to start from group
offsets if there is no state yet, it will start from the group offsets.

I think your approach is totally fine. Ignoring savepoints and don't retaining
checkpoints saves overhead and configuration burdens and works nicely as long
as you don't have any state in your pipeline.

You should however be certain that nobody in your team will add something with
state later on and forgets to think about the missing state...

Best regards
Theo