Hi Stephan,

+1 for adding stateful functions to Flink. I believe the new set of
applications this feature will unlock will be super interesting for new and
existing Flink users alike.

One reason for not including it in the main repository would to not being
bound to Flink's release cadence. This would allow to release faster and
more often. However, I believe that having it eventually in Flink's main
repository would be beneficial in the long run.

Cheers,
Till