Hi Folks:
I am assigning uid and name for all stateful processors in our application and
wanted to find out the following:
1. Should we assign uid and name to the sources and sinks too ?  2. What are
the pros and cons of adding uid to sources and sinks ?3. The sinks have uid and
hashUid - which is the preferred attribute to use  for allowing job restarts
?4. If sink and sources uid are not provided in the application, can they still
maintain state across job restarts from checkpoints ?  5. Can the sinks and
sources without uid restart from savepoints ?6. The data streams have an
attribute id -  How is this generated and can this be used for creating a uid
for the sink ?
Thanks for your help.
Mans