Hi Nick,

I guess the reason is your Flink job manager doesn't detect the task
manager is lost until heartbeat timeout.
You could check the job manager log to verify that.

Maybe a more elegant way of shutting down task manager helps, like through
"taskmanager.sh stop" or "kill" command without 9 signal.
Or you could reduce heartbeat interval and timeout through configuration
"heartbeat.interval" and "heartbeat.timeout".

Thanks,
Biao /'bɪ.aʊ/