Hi Li,

It is true that currently all the task managers have the same heap size,
and it's fixed ever since started. Unfortunately, your needs cannot be
satisfied at the moment.

Heap size of task managers cannot be changed once started, because flink
task managers run in JVMs and JVM does not support resizing after started.

However, there is an ongoing approach towards your needs. The community is
working on fine-grained resource management, which in general allows
specify per task/operator resource requirements and allocate task manager
resources accordingly. You can refers to FLIP-53 [1] and FLIP-56 [2] for
more details. Another related effort is pluggable slot manager [3], which
allows having pluggable resource scheduling strategies such as launch task
managers with customized resources according to the tasks' requirements.

Thank you~

Xintong Song

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-53%3A+Fine+Grained+Operator+Resource+Management