Dear Flink Users,

I'm running the Yahoo streaming benchmarks (the original version) [1]
on Flink 1.8.3 and got 60K tuples per second. Because I got 282K
tuples per second with Flink 1.1.3, I would like to ask your opinions
where I should look at.

I have been using one node for a JobManager and 10 nodes for a
TaskManager per each.

Below is my current setting for the benchmark and Flink 1.8.3:

* 16 vCPUs and 24 GiB for the JobManager node
* 32 vCPUs and 32 GiB for each TaskManager node

# localConf.yaml
kafka.partitions: 5
process.hosts: 1
process.cores: 32

# flink-conf.yaml
jobmanager.heap.size: 5120m
taskmanager.heap.size: 20480m
taskmanager.numberOfTaskSlots: 16
parallelism.default: 1

And the following is the previous settings for the benchmark and Flink 1.1.3:

* 16 vCPUs and 24 GiB for the JobManager node and 10 TaskManager nodes

#localConf.yaml
kafka.partitions: 5
process.hosts: 1
process.cores: 16

# flink-conf.yaml
jobmanager.heap.mb: 1024
taskmanager.heap.mb: 15360
taskmanager.numberOfTaskSlots: 16
taskmanager.memory.preallocate: false
parallelism.default: 1
taskmanager.network.numberOfBuffers: 6432

Thank you and with best regards,
Shinhyung Yang

[1]: https://github.com/yahoo/streaming-benchmarks