Thanks Chesnay! Just to be clear, this how my current code looks like:

```
unionChannel = broadcastChannel.broadcast().union(singleChannel)

result = new DataStream<>(
    unionChannel.getExecutionEnvironment(),
    new PartitionTransformation<>(unionChannel.getTransformation(), new
MyDynamicPartitioner())
)
```

The problem when migrating to Flink 1.9 is that MyDynamicPartitioner cannot
handle broadcasted elements as explained in the question description. So,
based on your reply, I guess I could do something like this:

```
resultSingleChannel = new DataStream<>(
    singleChannel.getExecutionEnvironment(),
    new PartitionTransformation<>(singleChannel.getTransformation(), new
MyDynamicPartitioner())
)

result = broadcastChannel.broadcast().union(resultSingleChannel)
```

I will give it a try and see if it works.