Hello all,

Newbie here!

We are running in Amazon EMR with the following installed in the EMR Software
Configuration

Hadoop 2.8.5

JupyterHub 1.0.0

Ganglia 3.7.2

Hive 2.3.6

Flink 1.9.0

I am trying to get a Streaming job from one S3 bucket into an another S3 bucket
using the StreamingFileSink

I got the infamous exception:

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Recoverable writers on
Hadoop are only supported for HDFS and for Hadoop version 2.7 or newer

According to this, I needed to install flink-s3-fs-hadoop-1.9.0.jar in
/usr/lib/flink/lib

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55517566/amazon-emr-while-submitting-job-for-apache-flink-getting-error-with-hadoop-recov

That did not work.

Further googling, revealed for Flink 1.9.0 and above:  (according to this)

https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/ops/filesystems/

it seems that I need to install the jar file in the plugins directory
(/usr/lib/flink/plugins/s3-fs-hadoop)

That did not work either.

At this point, I am not sure what to do and would appreciate some help!

Cheers

Kumar