The solution for 1.9 and below is to create a customized version of the influx db reporter which excludes certain tags.

On 21/01/2020 19:27, Yun Tang wrote:
Hi, Gaurav

InfluxDB metrics reporter has a fixed format of reporting metrics which cannot be controlled by the scope.

If you don't want some tags stored, you can try to use `|metrics.reporter.<name>.scope.variables.excludes|` which introduced in flink-1.10 [1], to exclude specific variables. However, there exists no good solution for Flink-1.9 currently.

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/monitoring/metrics.html#reporter
Best
Yun Tang
*From:* Gaurav Singhania <gaura...@gojek.com>
*Sent:* Monday, January 20, 2020 13:04
*To:* user@flink.apache.org <user@flink.apache.org>
*Subject:* Influxdb reporter not honouring the metrics scope
Hi,
We are using influxdb reporter for flink 1.9 to capture our metrics. We want to override the scope of task metrics, however even after providing the config in yaml file the metrics continues to have the tags we don't want.

The metric scope we want to change is :
*metrics.scope.task *with a default configuration of "<host>.taskmanager.<tm_id>.<job_name>.<task_name>.<subtask_index>"
We tried following configuration and none of them worked
"<host>.taskmanager.<tm_id>.<job_name>.<subtask_index>"
"<host>.taskmanager.<tm_id>.<job_name>.constant_value.<subtask_index>"

None of them worked and task_name continues to be part of the tags of the measurement sent by influxdb reporter.

Thanks,
Gaurav Singhania